Driving innovation in freight strategy and design
While global markets continue to grapple with rising freight costs, it is the perfect time to re-examine your domestic and international freight and logistics strategy.
Regardless of whether it is domestic or international, lead times and the cost of freight has a material impact on your bottom line, inventory levels and customer satisfaction. Your ability to meet your customers’ ever-increasing cost and fulfilment expectations may well be your company’s competitive advantage.
Prological’s specialist freight consultants have decades of experience optimising freight and logistics networks, designing dynamic routing delivery processes, building extensive logistics costs databases, and optimising load utilisation. We collaborate with you to interrogate and analyse logistics inputs to identify the best freight and logistics model for your supply chain.
What we do
Focused on evidence-based analysis and transparency, Prological’s team guides you through every step of the domestic and/or international pathways.
Achieving a balance between cost, lead times and customer expectations is central to our approach:
- Audit – Conduct a Freight Network Audit of your existing strategy while assessing your customers’ fulfilment, cost and sustainability expectations
- Analyse – Identify quick wins and roadblocks, assess your customers’ expectations, determine insourcing and outsourcing (to 3PL) strategies, and identify the optimal: sourcing location; origin and destination port or facility; routing; incoterms or contractual practices; shipping method and service; freight forwarders and carriers.
- Design – Develop a freight network model and operational processes aligned to your customer promise and cost constraints. Develop a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) framework for internal and external performance management.
- Select – Define specifications and manage vendor selection for freight and logistics providers, Freight Management Systems (FMS) and automation technology.
- Execute – Implement freight solutions, processes, technology, and FMS software. Provide ongoing freight management and reporting services.
- Reduction of freight costs (10-35%) depending on the scale of the network and potential for innovation
- Improved visibility of freight spend and cost-to-serve by customer, geography and product
- Reduction of fleet mileage and carbon footprint
- Improved visibility of customer service promise and shipment tracking
- Improved Delivered ln Full, On Time (DIFOT)
- Optimised organisational structure to better manage freight service and cost
- Controlled carrier selection and subsequent approval of freight expenditure